Monday, November 22, 2010

In Breaking News . . .

It snowed! And here, that means a lot of people react pretty strongly. Mostly complaints about how things shut down, and then how this city can't react properly, and then irritation from born-and-raised toward that remark . . .

The only real problem I have with it all is that local news can pretty much hang up their journalism hats for the day.
"It snowed, Bob."
"What?"
"Yes, it did. All we have to do now is dig up some historical snowfall data, get some footage of people sledding, and talk about how the old people want to help the birds survive"
"God, I love snow."

Seriously. That was the 'news'.

Anyhoo, cold days are so good for home-made bread. I really wanted that smell in the house, so I took to the lazy student way out. Roommate had some people over who left some crappy American beer (sorry, I'm not your best critic, but this stuff tasted like bad apple juice) in our fridge, so I used that to make beer bread. Which is vegan as well!

I used a recipe from a book, so I wouldn't feel right posting it on here. But here is a link to one that is similar from Farmgirl Fare (and kudos on the great blog!).

Clicky-wicky here for the noms 

She adds cheddar and dill, but mine was plain. And I used baking soda and it turned out fine. Dense, but fine.

The best part is: this bread can be made with flat beer, shitty grocery store home brand beer ... it's not picky.

That's all for now. See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment