Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tasty, Tasty Melodies pt. 4

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans ...

So, the date with Roommate did not go as planned, but hey. That's life!

We did make chicken, but it was a little undercooked and was bookended by some hard discussion. So, while productive, it wasn't the pseudo romantic Valentine's Day we'd expected.

This is a song my mother constantly references. As I am sure most people my age have, I grew up on the Beatles. My parents are still very open to us exploring various religions and spiritualities. The fact that the Beatles dabbled in transcendental meditation (a practice that my family has been engaged in for decades), and that John is kind of the patron saint of acceptance and love for the millennials made them the soundtrack for our house.

Whenever something went the other way, Mum would reference this song. And it's so true. Whenever I find myself thinking or second-guessing a decision, I always resurface to find that life has kept on going.

And even though Roommate and I didn't get our lovely little dinner, we still had something of value.

Love is action. Love is motion. Love is not just going forward, but growing. And there are growing pains that go with it.

All my life, I'm trying to reach back to that place where all I did was trust. Where my entire life was a free-fall into my parents' arms. When love was law.

So, no recipes this time. But there will be more food blogging soon, I promise. But I hope this has been some food for thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment