Sunday, March 22, 2009

Great

Isn't it wonderful when you have a moment when you stop doing and start being? I was brushing my teeth this morning and was suddenly hit with the realization of the fact that I am alive. I am a living being.

So, no. Maybe this is not a life-changing epiphany. But, damn, is it nice to know. No matter what happens to my poor little ego, I will always be able to breathe and my body will still be warm. And what possibilities come with being alive! Really: what on earth can't I do? I'm just, perhaps, not willing to do some of it, or waiting to be ready to do others.

Aren't we lucky to be here? You and me? To have loves that brings us to our knees and makes time invisible. Even to eat, and to be kissed, and to laugh! Oh, goodness. Even to fall and bleed. To make friends and to find enemies.

How is it that my blog entries start off semi-normal and end up being very obnoxious rants where I wax poetic about nearly everything? I am so silly. My muse is probably a Sapphic re-incarnate...

Today I did the best in-character imporov that I have ever done. The whole situation felt very real and I fell into the character as one does with a script. You know that feeling? When everything feels dangerous and real, but the sliver of the actor left in you feels safe knowing where this scene is going to go. Roughly. The rest is up to greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment