Monday, July 13, 2009

It's Music!

I wanted to throw out what I've been listening to recently. I've rediscovered my love for Joel Plaskett, and dropped about twenty dollars on 'Three'. Worth every damn penny.


It is at times kind of bumpkiny and folksy. Which is lovely and indulges that prarie girl inside of me. I also really like how the entire album follows the triad theme. Mr. Plaskett is good people.

I also came across Dionysos, completely by accident. And they are great. Kind of like the Arcade Fire (mixed-gender harmonies and duets, megaphones ...), I'm liking the live stuff better than the recorded. It is also nice to hear things in the language I'm losing. This is from Taratata.



I have my friend Andrew to thank for this next one. Since he showed this to me (about a half-dozen times in one evening), I've been looking up what both of them have done. This is about as fun as it gets. I really like the video for the costumes, camera work, and especially the movement and choreography. It's messy. It's a little lazy. It's great.




... And that is it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment