Saturday, April 11, 2009

Withdrawn

It feels odd and wonderful to be in the place I grew up in. I am in a halfway stage between homes. To be here means comfort and family, but it also means a lot of other things as well.

I do miss my friends that I grew up with. They haven't really left me and nor I them. And the newer friends I have made have become a smaller offshoot family. And none of it feels unnatural, maybe just a little pull in every direction. 

And the lack of work and outlet of the creative is also making me feel different. There aren't any classes to go to or papers to write. 

This city is also quite a bit less pedestrian-friendly, especially where this house is. The city may be getting to big for itself.

But this house is a little planet unto itself and feels like the incubated creative I have known forever. A place to come back to.


No comments:

Post a Comment